Friday, April 1, 2011

family mission statement

When I worked outside of the home, I often remember setting individual and company-wide goals and brainstorming to come up with the perfect mission statement. Often times as a mother, I find that I struggle with those days that the only thing I accomplish is keeping my children alive. I want to thrive during this season of my life...sleep deprivation and all.

After reading about creating a family mission statement on one of my favorite blogs, I decided to give it a try. Hopefully it will lend some perspective on those less than productive days, help me to see the big picture, and remind me to extend grace to myself.

as a family we want God to be at the center of everything we do.

we will…

live faithfully and seek God’s will.

extend compassion and love to those around us.

respect, encourage and inspire one another.

balance our time, leaving plenty of margin for play, relaxation and service.

live simply in a home that is comfortable and welcoming.

extend grace to one another.

be true to who God made us.

take care of our health.

be good stewards of creation.

be lifelong learners.

pray.

Joshua 24:15

No comments:

Post a Comment