Wednesday, November 23, 2011
"We only enter into the full life if our faith gives thanks. Because how else do we accept His free gift of salvation if not with thanksgiving? Thanksgiving is the evidence of our acceptance of whatever He gives. Thanksgiving is the manifestation of our Yes! to His grace."
- Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
I have been reflecting on the past year, and I am overwhelmed by God's ever present grace in my life and in the lives of my family and loved ones. Thank you, Lord.
I give thanks for...
1. my daughter's health and well-being.
2. the birth of my amazing son, Crosby Samuel.
3. my husband's successful career.
4. being able to stay home during this sweet time when my children are young.
5. celebrating 8 years of marriage.
6. my dear friend, LS, who has been a breath of fresh air and a constant source of inspiration.
7. sticky fingers and peanut butter and jelly kisses.
8. my comfortable home where precious memories are being made.
9. my thoughtful neighbor, BB, who is always there for me and for my family.
10. my father, who can still make everything that is wrong, right again with a hug.
11. toothless grins and a drool covered chin.
12. a wonderful group of women that I have come to depend on for fellowship and support.
13. my brother who is willing to move heaven and earth for the people he loves.
14. those who prayed for my daughter during her health scare earlier this year.
15. sunshine streaming in through my windows after several days of gray skies and rain.
16. hearing my baby boy say "mama" for the first time (today).
17. fresh bread baking in the oven and hands that are able.
18. my mother who has become my best friend.
19. rocking back and forth, back and forth...the weight of a sleeping baby on my chest.
20. my sister who never fails to make me laugh.
21. my crock-pot.
22. early mornings spent with a cup of coffee in a silent, sleeping house.
23. tea parties, dance parties, slumber parties, and the opportunity to see the world through innocent eyes.
24. every moment of my life that has led me here...I am truly blessed.
May God's blessings be yours this holiday season.